Sunday, March 29, 2009

Week Ending 3/28 First full week with the Zaskar

Sunday - Road Ride with the Bikes Unlimited gang. 45 miles over Mount Warner and back to Greenfield through North Amherst/Cushman. Brutal wind and a damn aggressive pace. I blew up a bit on the run-up to the Mount Warner climb as our pace into the wind peaked at about 28mph. I am much too big an air scoop for that!

HR maxed at 186! and the average for the ride was 159 even taking it easy on the last 15 miles.

Monday - Batchelor's Street with Matt and Liam- Took the Zaskar for a dose of real dirt and rocks. About 2 hours - no HR data

Tuesday - Back to the Batch with Matt. Did some of the nastier stuff today that Liam bypassed yesterday (yeah I walked a bunch of it).

Wednesday - Sugarloaf North. I love that climb. I need to finish raking the trail so I can clean the climb without spinning out the rear - next week.

Thursday - Skiing at Mt Snow. A full day of bumps and trees!

Friday - just a couple of short jaunts around the farm roads, since I had to pick up Jeff at BDL after his rowing trip to Tampa. No organized riding though.

Saturday - chores and hanging with the boys. Jeff goes back to school Sunday, so time to spend some time with him on his last day of break.

First race is next weekend - the TT at Burlingame. We rode that course and more at the February fun ride. Should be fun.

About the bike. Really nice ride. Stiff, light, great climber. I am really liking it at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment