Sunday, March 1, 2009

Feb 22 to Feb 28

OK, this week started with another Sunday dirt ride. Allison wanted to go visit a friend on the cape, so Matt and I loaded some bikes on the roof and we hit the road for SE Mass. Her friend messed up the time, so we didn't get to the TOT trail head until much later than intended. We have only ridden there a couple of times and managed to get pretty miserably lost. Still 3:13 moving time 17 miles 179 MHR 135 average 1400 ft climbing.

Monday - Hiking on the Greenfield Ridge

Tuesday - On the snow in town with the dog. 2:56 17 miles, 179 MHR, 132 average 700 ft. Snow was crusty and the studded tires dug in quite a bit. Still got in a nice ride.

Wednesday - Road Ride in the afternoon - gorgeous day 1:26 23 miles 180 MHR 152 average 900 ft. Looped up to Whately, down to Burgie and back through Hamp.

Thursday - Today I turned 51. Left the dog at home today and used the Rush as the surface had softened up a bit from tuesday. I got in the best ride of the week 2:32 20.7 miles. Must have mis-installed the chest strap 'cause I know I didn't average 100 bpm. All I know is the legs felt like mush at the end of the ride and I got just over 1350 ft of climbing. Perfect riding in the woods, though by the time I got back to the open fields they had softened up in the 40 degree temps.

Saturday - a day on the slopes at Mount Snow.

I am now an official member of the GT Dirt Coalition. Expect to get the swag and bike in the next month or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment