Tuesday, March 24, 2009

First impressions of the new Zaskar




I have now taken a couple of good rides on the new machine, and she suits me just fine. I knocked a tad of weight off by swapping the wheels for American Classic/Stans Olympics and improved the fit a bit with a Thompson Stem and Easton Carbon Riser Bar. I also wasn't too happy with prior Fox Shocks, so I installed a new SID Team. This bike is really nice now.

A few pics of the most recent ride at Mount Holyoke State Forest.

We did 8 1/2 miles in about 2 hours. 3200ft of climbing average HR 144 Max 174. Pretty sure the dog was working harder than I was though.

1 comment:

  1. Look great man and I'm glad to see we picked a group with such good humor. I think the reflectors and chain guard came off to save weight so now there is now excuse for slowness other than a hangover. If you don't know my name is Lee Unwin I am running the blog,facebook,twitter,mtbr threads so feel free to shoot me anything outside of the serious business of racing and I will put it up on the sites. Glad to see you having fun.

    ReplyDelete