Monday, June 8, 2009

Where'd the time go

Woops, been a long time since I got to writing up happenings in the Blog, well here goes...

Lots of riding - that goes without saying!

Hawley - damn it's nice to have that place back into shape. Been up there twice on the bike now to complement the dozen or so trips with the chain saw and rake! Another couple large work days and it will be done - by-by ice damage.

Mt Toby - led a diverse group on a no-drop ride tonight. I need to get up to the Upper Link with the saw. Would have thought some of the XC skiers would have cleared it out, must be only mountain bikers do trail work!

Wendell - several sessions in both riding and trail building mode. Great Trail Building session on National Trails Day. A dozen of us finished up the mile long section of the new Mormon Hollow I had started and laid out with the ranger. I was disappointed when I got home to have my SD card tell me it needed formatting though. At least a dozen pictures were lost to the ether.

Deerfield - Got out there once with Liam and Matt. Quite the suffer-fest, but it is all good.

Bear Brook - I must be an anomaly. Although the course was kinda fun, I really like the nasty ones better for racing. Too much pure speed and high speed handling. Give me some gnarly climbs and I'd have done a lot better than the 5th I got. Heck just make us climb the stairs or the rocky section we went down would have made it much more interesting!

Acton - got out with Bill and Philip before the EC meeting. PK did you plant all that poison ivy to keep the crowds away?

No comments:

Post a Comment