Monday, April 6, 2009

Race Day Report - Preliminary



Well race number 1 is in the books, out of 110 racers I was 71st overall. Sport Men over 40 I was 13 of 18. My normal class is over 50 - not sure how many of us old guys were there.

All in all, I still felt sort of fast and the bike performed very well. With an average HR of 176 for the race, I'm not sure there's much more speed than that in the old engine.

We arrived at the Burlingame picnic area about 8:15 and I promptly got our numbers and set up the tent. Shortly after I arrived, Kathy and Adam showed up and we populated the tent with 2 small Marathons and my Extra Large Zaskar. The Zaskar sure looks big next to their bikes!




After we left, we stopped on the way home for a 2 hour scoot through Batchelor's Street. By the end of that ride, the hours of trail work came back to haunt my rotator cuff pretty badly and I gingerly picking my way down Missing Persons like an old man (or is that as an old man).

No comments:

Post a Comment